Here is what the terrible disease FSGS did to 13-year old Sam:
• Sam’s kidneys failed at age 7 after 1 year of diagnosis
• He has been on dialysis for over 6 years, either 12 hours daily at home or 3-4 times a week in hospital
• FSGS relapsed to Sam’s transplant kidney in September 2016 within 24 hours of transplant surgery
• Sam had no growth for 2.5 years, missed 2 years of school, had more than 30 hospitalizations (many times in PICU), not counting the days he was treated as outpatient
• Sam had to see over 10 different specialists to get going
• Sam lost his dear friend Andrew to the battle against FSGS last year
New knowledge is yet to be gained to understand how FSGS could damage kidneys at such devastating rate, and how to stop it! Together, we are leading the charge against kidney disease FSGS and Nephrotic Syndrome. NephCure is funding the best and brightest researchers, educating patient families across the globe and partnering with pharmaceutical companies to find a cure! Together, we can make a difference.
Please join us in this fight by making a donation today. Click on the "Donate" button on this page.
If you prefer to donate by check, please make the check out to NephCure and mail to:
NephCure Kidney International
Attn: Team Sam Boston Countdown
150 S. Warner Road, Suite 402
King of Prussia, PA 19406
Together we can make a difference. Thank you!
Sam, Karen, Xiaojun and Hongyu